Friday, March 12, 2010

Official Catch Up (Pt. 2) - Sophie talks about Bittersweet

So Bittersweet is the first single. How long has that song existed?
Well, I remember I wrote it just after Kit had come home from hospital. So I think it must have been April. It should be on the radio around its first birthday!

Where did you write it?
It was a very, very relaxed writing session just after I'd come back from hospital. I was taking things easy and Hannah Robinson, who I write a lot with, came round. I was still feeding Kit at the time, so I had to keep stopping every two or three hours to feed him. I remember at one point in particular I was actually feeding him while I was writing. I was thinking, "This is pretty much the modern pop star - feeding a baby and writing a dance track!".

Must've been quite memorable for Hannah too.
Ha! Well, I've been working with Hannah for years. I first met her for the third album. We wrote Me And My Imagination together, and a few other songs. She's lovely. She's a great songwriter and we just really clicked. I think she's probably my favourite top line writer to collaborate with, really.

So you're pleased with Bittersweet?
I really am. It's one of those songs where the more I listen to it, the more I like it. Last week I was rehearsing with the band and it sounds really great live.

And it's a Freemasons collaboration too?
Yes. They sent the instrumental to me and we wrote our stuff over the top. Then they mixed it and added a few parts.

We hear there's also a remix by Jodie Harsh.
There is indeed. I've known Jodie for a few years now - he's someone I always used to see out and about. He's getting involved in doing remixes, so he offered to do it. I think it came back really well. It's a little bit more hardcore than the Freemasons' mix.

Have radio stations heard the single yet?
No, don't think we've got to that point yet. That's always a bit scary. Sod it, though, it's too late to worry now! But I really don't feel I could've done any better. I'm really happy with it, and I think it deserves to do well. But I do appreciate that the music industry loves something new, and the fact I've been around for ten years doesn't always help. But, at the same time, it does also mean I've got a platform which you wouldn't get as a new artist. So I think there's a positive and a negative from having been around a while. I'm certainly appreciative of the fact that I've been able to do it for so long. I know now how special that is, I think.

SOURCE: SEB.net

3 comments:

kaushik said...

Hello folks. I changed the layout of the blog for the first time. Things may seem a like chaos for the moment, but i'm sure you'll get used to the new style. Sophierazzi promises to retain its quality.

By the way, i'm going to change the blog header soon. Anyone want to donate their designs can upload their links here, and i will credit you if i use them.

Cheers
Kx

Fran said...

The blog is even better now!! I like it more!! ^^
Your blog is amazing!!
xoxo

kaushik said...

Thank you Fran! I didn't want it to be too uncomfortable for anyone to view. The wider layout made more sense now that most people use widescreens.

By the way, there's a picture from the Bittersweet video in a new post. Seen it yet?

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)