Friday, March 26, 2010

Off And On will be a future single

Sophie on WestFM 25th March, 2010
Download the interview here - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MNV72E58
(thanks to the best Fish in the sea, haha - you're a life saver)

Highlights

  1. The album is called “Straight from the Heart”. The previous name “Make a Scene” did not feel quite right – it was a bit considered. “Straight from the Heart” is more direct – it’s like what the album is – euphoric, very emotional and impulsive.
  2. Calvin Harris has contributed. He’s produced a song called “Off and On” which I think will be a further single.
  3. I worked with a trance DJ called Armin van Buuren.
  4. Boom – Boom – Boom – Boom - Boom! Like fairground music. I mean that in a good way. I am pleased with that one. It sounds like authentic trance. I would never have thought in a million years I would do a trance record. But like everything I do it’s all about melody and song, so it just happens to be a trance record.

4 comments:

Fran said...

She should release at least four singles from this album (excluding Heartbreak):
* Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer)
* Bittersweet (first official single)
* Off & On^
* The Armin trance song
* & the Richard X track

kaushik said...

The Armin song might do really well on the charts, so yes. But i really want Liam Howe's song to be a single. Also Fred Ball's song. I've recently got into a lot of Fred's productions...

Eden said...

mmm well off and on is really a very nice song but not a hit material, so i really hope that she doesnt release it. I totally agree with Kau, the Armin song is definiteley a hit, am positive of it!!!! he's such a music genius so fingers crossed (i am not sure if his song will be even better than heartbreak and bittersweet!!!!!!) just imagine that lol

kaushik said...

I think there's going to be a new mix for Off & On. Remember that older article i had in here, about Calvin working on a new mix of the song. Maybe it didn't go with the rest of the album's sound. So she's having it re-done. I wouldn't mind the song in its original form, i like it. I only wished we had a new song in its place..but we're finally getting it, so i'm not going to complain

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)