Monday, November 30, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
"Celebrated finishing off v good new song by whole vacherin cheese just for me and R with red wine. Was yum but feel bit gross today."
"another day, another song sung! album nearly finished yay yay yay."
The good thing is she is back in the studio and the album is finally being recorded and completed. Its all out in January, according to Sophie. So fingers crossed we get a great (electro-pop dance) album. The campaign is supposed to be really bizarre but we're in for a treat.
Here is a list of known songs (updated), who knows what will end up on the album:
- Love Deluxe (Ellis-Bextor/Harry James/Wilcox Simon)
- For Love (Douglas John Henry/Ellis-Bextor/Poole Karen Ann)
- Not Giving Up On Love (Buuren Armin/Ellis-Bextor/Nervo Miriam/Nervo Olivia Margaret)
- Calling It Love (Cathy Dennis/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Richard Wiles)
- Dial My Number (Hang Up) (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
- Give Into Love (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
- Magic (Richard X/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
- Lose Myself (Christopher Rojas/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
- My Priority (Lamont Dazier/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/John Stack Graham/Daniel Woodcock)
- Off And On (Cathy Dennis/Roisin Murphy/Calvin Harris)
- Only For This Moment (Alexander Perls/Cohen Wayne/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
- Sophia Loren (Christopher Rojas/Cathy Dennis/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
- Sorry Now (Christopher Mohr/Cohen Wayne/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
- Starlight (Richard X/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
- Supersexy (Jim Elliott, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Gabriel, Hannah Robinson)
- Synchronized (Ina Wroldsen/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Fred Ball)
- Make A Scene (Metronomy/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
- Under Your Touch (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
- Whispers On The Street (Jim Elliott, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Gabriel, Hannah Robinson)
- Wicked Game (David Lipsey/Jeremy Shaw/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
- Immune To Love (Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Hannah Robinson/Richard X)
- We Got A Chance (Ellis-Bextor/Nervo Miriam/Nervo Olivia/Rowbottom Matthew Paul)
- Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer (Ellis-Bextor/Freemasons)
and the songs which are not going to be on the album (confirmed by an inside source)
In The Name Of Lust
Music Took My Man
Still Mixed Up
Monday, November 16, 2009
Thanks to Jenkins25 for the update :)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
If there’s one thing that Pearl Lowe knows how to do, it’s throw a darn good party. So when she hosted a shindig in honour of Fashion Targets Breast Cancer at the Proud Galleries last night, GraziaDaily was first in line to party hard for a good cause. We caught up with Sophie Ellis Bextor who was performing at the event to get the scoop on how the singer is balancing her fashion obsession with motherhood. Plus, don’t forget to check out our exclusive chats with hostess Pearl Lowe and designer-slash-model-slash-DJ Ben Grimes.
How did you get involved with the event?
I first got involved with FTBC a really long time ago when they did a catwalk and I wore a Julien Macdonald dress. And I’ve always supported breast cancer charities as my grandmother had breast cancer when I was eleven, so it’s a cause close to my heart, and I think the charity is a brilliant idea.
Do you know Pearl personally?
We have met before and we have mutual friends.
So we are in Camden, are you a fan of the shops here?
Camden is the first place I lived after I moved away from home. My first flat was above a London pub and then I lived just up the road from The Monarch which is now Barfly so I know these streets very well.
Any shopping tips?
Be patient, especially on market day, which is the second biggest attraction in London after Madame Tussauds. Just be calm, don’t fight it and go with the flow.
Any style tips?
Just dress for yourself, not for fashion. Fashion is fun but it doesn’t always suit you so just get to know yourself before thinking what’s in and what’s not.
What are you wearing tonight?
A Christian Lacroix dress that I’ve had for about 6 years and a pair of heels from Office.
Apparently Victoria Beckham gets style tips from Romeo, does Sonny ever do that for you?
Absolutely! He actually has quite good taste but if it was up to him, I’d be wearing sparkling heels for the school run, but I guess Victoria Beckham does that so maybe Romeo makes her!
As the face of Rimmel, do you have some top beauty tips?
Don’t be frightened because its only make-up. Its brilliant fun to put on really bright eye shadows and lipsticks. Sometimes people can be a little bit conservative, but you can just wash it off if it doesn’t work.
Have you had any fashion mistakes over the years?
There’s been loads but sometimes when you’re getting ready to go out you think, “it’s very nice but it’s just a bit safe”. When you’re seventy, you’re going to look back and wish you’d lived it up a little bit, so it’s worth taking a couple of risks and getting it wrong sometimes. What do you think about Georgia Jagger as the latest face of Rimmel? She’s gorgeous! And Coco is as well. They’re really good choices.
What’s next for you?
I’ve just finished my fourth album which is out in January, so that’s really exciting!
How’s motherhood treating you?
Good thank you. Kit’s 9 months, chubby and happy. Sonny is five and very together and lots of fun.
What was the last fashion item you bought?
I bought some really nice Kurt Geiger shoes at the airport. I’ve been travelling loads and so you get airport shopping boredom.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
SOPHIE ELLIS BEXTOR did a Cilla Black impersonation as Gary Barlow showed off magic tricks on Take That's Beautiful World tour.
Sophie revealed the high jinx she had with the man band as she partied after the Scottish Style Awards in Glasgow's Fruitmarket this weekend.
Following her on-stage stint with cohosts Kelly Cooper Barr and the Razz's own Bev Lyons, Sophie explained that the last time she visited Scotland was during the Take That tour two years ago.
She said:"It was brilliant and I stayed at the same hotel I'm in at the moment so I have lots of memories of Malmaison and the parties we had there."
"Take That throw a fantastic party. We had a brilliant end-of-tour one and my favourite was in the middle when everybody had to come and do a turn."
"Gary and his wife did a magic show and were very good. He did the whole sawing a lady in half thing. My band and I did a Blind Date panto with all different characters and I was Cilla Black."
"I can't really do a good impression of her but we were the last ones on out of 13 acts and it was quite odd. Everybody had turns - the dancers, the string section, and it was all quite ordered."
Sophie, who has spent the last two years songwriting for her fourth album, having a baby, moving house and having a single with the Freemasons insists that she can't wait to release it.
Having worked with Calvin Harris on the disc she reckons that it's her clubbiest yet. She said: "This is a mammoth album. I just don't make quick ones. It's taken me the best part of two years and I'm so pleased with it."
"I keep busy and always write loads and loads of material before taking the best of it. This album is clubby and working with Calvin was great fun."
"There's nothing I can repeat but he is very funny - we had quite a funny time with a track by another singer. There were some bad lyrics and he took the mickey He is lovely, bright and funny - and very talented."
Sophie's first foray into compering this weekend was nerve-wracking and she's not sure if she'll be following her Blue Peter presenter mum Janet Elis into that field just yet. She said: "My mum is a great presenter and I know there is more to it than their looks - which is why I have a lot of respect for her.
"It's not something I see myself doing full-time but it's nice to be asked to do this and saying no because you're a bit scared of it is a really bad reason to say no. I have a lot of respect for presenters but singing is more of a comfort zone for me and it uses a different part of my brain."
Sophie presented a gong at the recent Q awards and singing at the beginning of the awards on Saturday night helped to calm her nerves.
She said: "I was okay after I got here and saw the Fruitmarket and imagined people in it. And singing at the beginning is so relaxing and soothing."
Don't you just love how she refers to this album as a "mammoth album". Got me all exicted again. Can't wait to hear the new stuff
Friday, November 6, 2009
And some bits of news about the same event from different websites:
"...Sophie Ellis Bextor also opted for a down-do plus centre parting, a hard one to pull off with certain face shapes (hey, if you’ve got it…)"
Where you can also vote for Sophie as your Best Beauty. As of 11;47PM (IST) 6/11/09, these are the ratings:
17% Claire Danes
14% Leighton Meester
31% Sophie Ellis Bextor
17% Freida Pinto
7% Emily Blunt
4% Olivia Palmero
"...Sophie Ellis Bextor performed and gave a nod to the Wizard of Oz theme with her red shoes."
"The night ended in glamorous style with a live performance by the divine Sophie Ellis-Bextor, the evening’s resident Dorothy for the evening, with carriages."
And here are the pics from Celeborama
Show-stopper: Sophie Ellis-Bextor (left, with husband Richard Jones, guitarist with The Feeling) performed at the gala in front of her mum, Janet Ellis (right)
But my god! Who can even concentrate on anything other than those shoes! She does have a lovely collection of outfits. A little black dress, perfect shoes #3 (#2 being the shoes from the Me And My Imagination video, and #1 is the shoe on my blog header)
I have seen that purse somewhere. Its not the first time she is carrying this one. She also has a cat-like purse, unless I'm mistaken.
Janet is looking sexy (i'm not being rude, but oh my god!) I can see where Sophie gets all her looks and dressing sense from.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
"done another lovely song with the freemasons, biff and hannah. i am a lucky gal!" x
"album writing all done now. just final vocals and mixing. woo! have to pick my final album tracks then january it all goes public..."
I hope we get a glittery dance album. Psyched. Can't wait...
Thank you Sophie for the wonderful news.
Monday, November 2, 2009
1. For Love
(Douglas John Henry/Ellis-Bextor Sophie Michell/Poole Karen Ann)
2. Not Giving Up On Love
(Buuren Armin/Ellis-Bextor Sophie Michell/Nervo Miriam/Nervo Olivia Margaret)
(thanks to jenkins25 from Sophie-Online for the heads-up)
This is one expensive album. Unless Sophie gets some serious sales, she is never going to cover up for her costs.
The existing titles:
1. Calling It Love (Cathy Dennis/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Richard Wiles)
2. Carnival (unknown) - probably not going to be on the album
3. Dial My Number (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
4. Give Into Love (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
5. Hang Up (unknown)
6. I Still Believe In Magic (Richard X/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
7. In The Name Of Lust (unknown) - probably not going to be on the album
8. Lose Myself (Christopher Rojas/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
9. Moving Cities (unknown) - probably not going to be on the album
10. Music Took My Man (unknown) - probably not going to be on the album
11. My Priority (Lamont Dazier/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/John Stack Graham/Daniel Woodcock)
12. Off And On (Cathy Dennis/Roisin Murphy/Calvin Harris)
13. Only For This Moment (Alexander Perls/Cohen Wayne/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
14. Sophia Loren (Christopher Rojas/Cathy Dennis/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
15. Sorry Now (Christopher Mohr/Cohen Wayne/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
16. Starlight (Richard X/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
17. Still Mixed Up (unknown) - probably not going to be on the album
18. Supersexy (Jim Elliott, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Gabriel, Hannah Robinson)
19. Synchronized (Ina Wroldsen/Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Fred Ball)
20. The Scene (Metronomy/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
21. Under Your Touch (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Liam Howe, Hannah Robinson)
22. Whispers On The Street (Jim Elliott, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Gabriel, Hannah Robinson)
23. Wicked Game (David Lipsey/Jeremy Shaw/Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
24. Immune To Love (Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Hannah Robinson/Richard X)
Sunday, November 1, 2009
ABOUT | CONTACT ME
Cheers, Kaushik. (email@example.com)