Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sophie at British Fashion Awards

One would have thought the last place the dreaded phrase 'credit crunch' would be mentioned, is at a lavish fashion industry bash. But singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor, 29, admitted that even she was counting the pennies when it came to her choice of outfit for last night's British Fashion Awards.

Sophie Ellis Bextor was among the celebs who shunned designer frocks in favour of high street chic at the British Fashion Awards. Sophie chose a simple Topshop minidress with puffed sleeves, an antique brooch and white tights, which showcased the best of British style talent, and said the flailing economy had had an effect on her choice.

"Like most girls I changed my mind several times before I left the house but this is just a Topshop dress and the brooch is one I've had for years... I just threw these tights on because I didn't have any skin colours in my drawer to be honest... Not everybody can afford designer outfits. Some of the people I say are most stylish are my friends. I like to look at what they're wearing rather than in magazines... I don't buy maternity clothes, a lot of stuff on the high street is easy to adapt. We're pretty spoilt here, we've got the best high streets in the world." Sophie, who did the best to cover her bump, opted for comfort over the restrictions of high fashion!

No comments:

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)