Monday, August 31, 2009

Sophie was a "FREAKY TEENAGER" and she is glad that she was one

SOURCE: http://www.malextra.com/celebrity/Sophie+EllisBextor-28247.html
Sophie Ellis-Bextor is glad she was a "freaky" teenager.

The 'Murder on the Dancefloor' singer didn't mind being ignored by boys when she was younger because it taught her not to rely on her looks.

She said: "I think my looks stood me in good stead because when I was a teenager, boys were just not interested. I didn't see myself as a good looking girl and that was good, because I didn't rely on it.

"It's not a big deal to be pretty - there are loads of pretty girls out there - so it's good to stand out. A lot of what inspired many musicians is celebrating differences. People relate to that - more people feel like the unpopular, freaky one than the one in the in-crowd."

Sophie - who has two sons, five-year-old Sonny and Kit Valentine, six months, with her husband, The Feeling bassist Richard Jones - admits she still feels like an outsider but has now found a group of friends she can relate to.

The 30-year-old brunette star said: "I still feel like that all the time. But not I have found lots of like-minded weirdos so it is OK now. And now I'm producing my own crazy-looking offspring."

No comments:

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)