Sophie was onthis morning. Here are the highlights :
Touring next month
Setlist is gonna be all the singles, some stuff from the new record, some covers.
Situation with the new album - will be released in Spring (around April)
I made a fairly large post about my thoughts on PopJustice. I'll just quote the same thing here. But what are your thoughts?
I don't think she is blaming the DJs. Didn't someone here say that the project was going to have singles as DJ feat SEB etc., Seems like that was true. She confirmed that, well, sort of... Had Polydor not stopped Roger Sanchez from using that song she did with him, we would have a single now, and she wouldn't have said that.
The good thing is that she knows where she is and it's not like she believes she can still get away with a Christmas release. I appreciate her honesty for that. April release - i suppose i understand why she wants the album out in Spring. Remember, it was supposed to be out in Spring back when Sophia Loren was planned to be the lead single. It's a dance album, it wouldn't make much sense to release it in the winter when no one will care about it, unless of couse, it's something like Loud. There's your perfect winter dance album. Judging by Bittersweet, Not Giving Up On Love, Can't Fight This Feeling and Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer, i think the album is filled with summer anthems.
I hate to wait, just like any other person in this thread, but i think i will be okay with it eventually. We have waited 3 years. A few months really shouldn't matter that much. But i do hope and pray we have a single or two between now and the album. And hopefully that won't be CFTF....
I can think of several reasons for this delay:
1. Polydor have no interest in taking risks with her, so they want her to make enough money from her gigs and use that to fund this release.
2. My theory about a summer dance album
3. She intends on recording new songs
4. Polydor want people to disassociate the album with Bittersweet (which is tragic. so what if it flopped. it's the highlight of 2010 and deserves to be on the album. if it doesn't make it to the final cut, i will be very very disappointed)
5. Fascination couldn't really do much, but Polydor FINALLY have a plan in mind and they want to go about it that way
6. She has no record label and she is trying to release this on her own.
Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/forum/index.php?topic=21518.4995#ixzz15ZAxG0DW