Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Interview with Marie Claire and The Fly.

Marie Claire meets Sophie Ellis-Bextor
ORIGINAL ARTICLE: http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity/529172/marie-claire-meets-sophie-ellis-bextor.html

Spiller singer and dancing queen Sophie Ellis-Bextor tells Martha Hayes all about getting her groove on again, being a young mum and how to cope when you've got two rock stars in the house...
You’ve been off the radar for a while, how do you feel coming back into the spotlight with your fourth album?
'This record was the most fun to make. I was always dancing around the studio - half the time I didn’t even realise I was working!'

How has your fan base changed since you stormed the charts with Groove Jet (If This Ain’t Love)?
'Someone showed me my Facebook fan page with the age-breakdown of my supporters - it’s fascinating because a quarter of them were age 18 – 24, which means that most of them were only seven or eight when Groove Jet came out!'

If you were starting out in 2011, is there anything you’d do differently?
'I’ve got better at listening to other peoples’ advice. Sometimes I could be very bull headed about what I wanted to do so although I'm not particularly proud of them, all the mistakes I've made are my own! I watched one of my old videos recently and I thought, 'Oh my gosh what was I thinking?' It was really cringe.

You’ve got two young sons (Sonny, seven and Kit, two). How has motherhood changed you?
'In some ways I think it helped me - there’s a part of me that will always stay the same. I first got pregnant at 24 and I still think of myself as that! I think having kids relatively young was nice because I liked being a young mum.'

Is it difficult to stay normal with your husband Richard (bassist with The Feeling) also in the music industry?
'It is quite chaotic at times! We just try to really live in the moment whether we’re working or at home.
If we’ve got a day at home then we’ll make sure we really get the most out of it even if we’ve just flown back from somewhere. We’ll take the kids out, go to a park, or get all the ingredients for a roast. It’s always important for me to claim back that time and make it my own again.'

Do you want more children? A little girl would be nice...
'People say that but I don’t really mind. I think my two sons are both gorgeous and very different from one another, so I’ve always been a little bit confused by people who say they would really love a girl or really love a boy because I think the gender is like the tip of the iceberg. I’m still finding out who they are.'


Stop 'n Chat with Sophie Ellis-Bextor

No comments:

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)