Friday, September 7, 2012

Interview: 10 Minutes with Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Original Post - Ahlanlive.com

What can you tell us about your new album?
I’ve started doing some unprocessed, live sounding stuff as well as music that picks up where the last album left off. I hope to finish writing it this year!

What do you get up to when not performing?
Family life takes over. That’s my priority and what keeps me sane! I also love cooking and seeing my friends. I have a group of girlfriends I’ve known since school. We’re very close.

How do you juggle family life with work?
It’s chaotic at times and now that there are three it’s definitely logistically a little more complicated but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love my little boys and wouldn’t say no to another child one day but let me get my new baby [Ray] a little bigger first!

You have great style. How important is fashion to you and what’s your fave look?

Fashion and music have long been bedfellows. I love vintage clothing as it tells a story and is unique.

This year loads of celebs are getting a re-style. Any plans to shake up your look?
Post baby, just getting back to my classic look will be enough for me! I’m a creature of habit and I know what I like so no, I’m happy as I am.

You’ve recently done a track with Bob Sinclar. Any more collaborations planned?
I’m up for trying a collaboration with pretty much anyone. The worst that can happen is you write a bad song but you might just write something that changes everything. I love that possibility.

No comments:

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)