Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sophie performs in Singapore

HerWorld caught up with Sophie in Singapore, before the Audio Fashion Festival.

This British singer-songwriter with her trademark alabaster skin and gorgeous cheekbones is back with her fourth album. Plus, she’s coming to town, all thanks to a private closed-door event by Audi Singapore, where she’s set to get the 400 guests on their feet with her electrifying electro-pop performance for the Audi Red Carpet Night, part of Audi’s Fashion Festival, happening on May 11.

After a long hiatus, Sophie Ellis-Bextor presents her latest album, “Make a Scene”, collaborating with renowned and talented producers like The Freemasons, Calvin Harris, Meteronomy and more.

The talented songstress tells herworld.com about her new album and how motherhood has changed her.

hw.com: “Make A Scene” is album number four now. Can you tell us a little about it and what was your main inspiration for this album?
Sophie: I started DJ-ing with my husband, Richard, a couple of years ago and that was part of the reason my fourth album is so dance-centric. Playing songs produced by people like Calvin Harris and The Freemasons that are really loud just sounded so brilliant. Luckily for me, I was also able to collaborate with them on this record and that really set the tone.

hw.com: You’ve worked with the renowned Freemasons. What was it like working with them?
S: It was a bit of a dream come true. I’d been a fan of theirs for a while. Happily, I can now call them my friends, too. They are lovely talented folk.

hw.com: You’re a mother of two. How has motherhood changed you since?
S:Massively in many ways I’m sure but when it comes to my work the main change is that I am overall more focused. I feel that if work means time away from the children then I want it all to count more. I think I’ve upped my game.

hw.com: Has it influenced any of your music?
S: Well mainly it has made me a happier girl and I think that comes across on this album, and the last.

hw.com: You’ll also be touring the UK this summer with Erasure and Bryan Ferry. How excited are you about this? Can you give us a little teaser of anything special that you’ll be doing on the tour?
S: The tours will be lots of fun. All those shows are outdoors so the crowd is always in kind of a holiday mode. I’ll try to create a little party atmosphere for them.

hw.com: This isn’t your first time in Singapore, what do you remember or like about our city?
S: I remember the lovely, welcoming people and I’m sure I’m not alone in noticing how brilliantly clean the city is. Gorgeous. Plus, the shopping is incredible!

hw.com: Is there anything you’re looking forward to seeing, doing or even eating here?
S: I hope I can get to experience some authentic local cuisine. I do love my food and I know there are some fantastic restaurants in Singapore.

hw.com: You’ll be performing at the Audi Red Carpet Night, which is like a precursor to our very own version of Fashion week. How would you describe your personal style and how has it evolved over the years?
S: I think my style has stayed pretty much in the same vicinity over the years - I’ve never been a particular follower of fashion - but that being said, I hope I make slightly less mistakes now than I used to. I’m sure I get it right sometimes (fingers crossed). I’ve learnt a bit more about what suits me. I love anything slightly retro, feminine or fun dresses with strong silhouettes. I love getting dressed up.

hw.com: Any favourite designers or any particular items you’re currently lusting over?
S: I adore many designers but Dolce & Gabbana and Chanel are some of my all-time favourites. They both have a very clear idea of what their aesthetic is and if money is no object, I’d own more of it!
ORIGINAL ARTICLE - http://www.herworld.com/women-now/people/sophie-ellis-bextor-pre-aff-show



Bex performed 6 songs before the AFF show.

SET-LIST:
01 - Get Over You
02 - Me And My Imagination
03 - Bittersweet
04 - Murder On The Dancefloor
05 - Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
06 - Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)

This is the second time that Sophie has been to Singapore. The last time she was there was to promote her first album, Read My Lips. You can watch the interview and the performances right here. (thanks to Paul for the video clips, thanks to Renzo for the uploads)

The Interview



Get Over You - Live, pre-AFF, Singapore, 2011


Me And My Imagination - Live, pre-AFF, Singapore, 2011


Bittersweet - Live, pre-AFF, Singapore, 2011


Murder On The Dancefloor - Live, pre-AFF, Singapore, 2011


Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) - Live, pre-AFF, Singapore, 2011


Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer) - Live, pre-AFF, Singapore, 2011



You can also download the performances right here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MOJVVY1Q (avi files, 320mb)
(thanks to Paul for the links)

No comments:

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)