Friday, September 17, 2010

Guess who decided to update their site!?

The official website has finally updated the news column....

Seems to me that Fascination have decided to write off this single to Armin.

Have you got your copy of Armin van Buuren's latest single, 'Not Giving Up On Love' yet? This amazing collaboration with our very own Sophie Ellis-Bextor is out now and ready for your listening pleasure.

Taken from his brand new album 'Mirage', Armin had this to say about how the collab came about: "Actually we wanted to make an instrumental, more electro-related track and ended up in a collab with Sophie Ellis-Bextor. It instantly clicked in my head. This is the right combination. I think the vocal of Sophie is a win!"

It was clear that Sophie was just as excited for the collab to take place - "I am so excited to be releasing a song with Armin. I love what he does and I think 'Not Giving Up' is a wonderful blend of trance and wistful pop. The song suits a sunrise or a dancefloor and it's great to sing. Filming the video in Ibiza was the perfect way to christen the track!"

ORIGINAL POST: http://www.sophieellisbextor.net/news?id=294&msg=1#comments
I won't say i'm surprised. It did nothing for Sophie in her home territory. Shame though, it could have been a hit if it was promoted. Neither Armada nor Fascination took any interest in promoting the song. Can't blame Sophie for this one. No sir!

I wouldn't give Armin all credit for it's success across Europe. I just checked his chart postitions. His last 5 singles have been utter failures. This is his biggest hit since "In And Out Of Love". Anyway, kudos to Armin and Sophie for the hit. I hope Sophie releases her next single soon..

No comments:

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)