Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sophie's METRONOMY collaboration

Here's a bit from a Metronomy interview:

Relating to the wave of popstars Metronomian production love, I read that Sophie Ellis Bextor has a new album on the way with production slots filled by Freemasons, Calvin Harris (among others) & you? Tell us all there is to tell about this!

Well, one day i got an email from my manager saying that Sophie Ellis Bextor was interested in some Co-writing/production from me. I was rather surprised. I found out that it was actually Sophie herself that had wanted to get in touch. Quite often with these things it’s the managements idea and the artist just goes along with it.

Anyway, i thought that anyone in that arena who liked Metronomy was worth giving it a go with. As it happens, she was a pleasure to work with. She’s very intuitive, which for some reason I didn’t expect. So there you go, the whole thing was a very nice experience. The track we did is pretty good i think and a slight departure from what you might expect of her. As for whether it makes her album, I’m not sure. But, I’d be more than happy if it did.

Source: http://www.ohhcrapp.net/2008/09/interview-metronomy_13.html

No comments:

Followers

ABOUT | CONTACT ME

Welcome! SOPHIERAZZI is a website dedicated Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Here, you will find first hand information, access to several rarities and exclusive inside details unavailable elsewhere. This is your heaven... Feel free EMAIL ME, if you have some exciting news to share, if you want to update me about something, or if you need some clarification regarding any post. I promise to respond to your email at the earliest...
Cheers, Kaushik. (sophierazzi@yahoo.com)